Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Emerging Technology

Things in our world are changing constantly. In regards to technology, it changes very frequently. Technology is constantly changing and all teachers should do their best to keep up with it.  Emerging technology is technology that is currently being developed or will be developed within the next couple of years. Even emerging technology is important for teachers to keep an eye on and possibly learn to incorporate into their classroom because one new technology may be more useful in the classroom than one that is already being utilized.

A really good emerging technology tool that I want to utilize in my classroom setting is the use of mobile devices and apps.  I have already experienced what it is like to use some apps in a classroom setting such as Socrative which is an interactive app where the teacher can create a quiz or survey questions that the students respond to on their own devices (phones, iPads, etc..). The teacher is in control of moving on to the next question or allowing students to go through the whole thing without stopping.  I could have students download a free a physical activity app and have them track their activity on the app and show me their results at the end of the allotted period given.

Follow this link to see examples of apps I might use in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment